With Season 24, Inna's Mantra Set received a rework which removed the generic damage bonus from the (6) Bonus and instead made it into an entirely Mystic Ally focused set. As a result, all the old Inna builds ceased to exist. While Wave of Light, Tempest Rush and Exploding Palm builds can still be played using other Monk sets, the hybrid Inna/Uliana Seven-Sided Strike build is gone forever because other sets cannot be combined with Uliana's Stratagem (4) Bonus.
It's not all bad news though. Empowered by the reworked Inna's Mantra and buffed The Crudest boots and Bindings of the Lesser Gods, the Inna Mystic Ally build enters the scene. The build comes in two flavors: Water Ally with large AoE and steady DPS, which is used for speed content, and Fire Ally with superior burst damage, which is ideal for Greater Rift pushing. Earth Ally unfortunately didn't make the cut despite being buffed because those allies behave too much like rocks: they are slow (which is bad for speedfarming) and they like to sit underground and do nothing (which is bad for absolutely everything).
Unlike most other skills, Mystic Ally doesn't have any dedicated weapons so the pushing build uses Shenlong's Spirit Set for its 350% global damage multiplier. During Season 24, Ethereals allowed the build to play around with different Weapon options.
The new Inna is a lot stronger than all the old Inna builds and can even compete with Sunwuko Tempest Rush for the title of the strongest Monk build. On top of that it excels at Nephalem Rift farming, Bounties and Solo Speed GRs. In groups it can be used as a decent DPS in speedruns or as an RGK. It is, however, severely outclassed by Firebird Wizard in both of these roles, so it only makes sense to play it if you are a true Monk enjoyer.
Quite Tanky ✔
Strong Season Starter ✔
Amazing for Speed Content ✔
Endless Tide of Water Allies ✔
❌ Flying Dragon RNG
❌ Dumb Mystic Ally AI
❌ Area Damage Not Working
❌ Vulnerable to Crowd Control
- Inna's Mantra provides a massive 30,000% Mystic Ally damage, 50% damage reduction and a bunch of passive effects from Mantras and Mystic Allies, most importantly +80% Life, +40% All Resistance and +56% additive damage.
- The Crudest Boots double the number of your Mystic Allies and triple their damage on top of letting their active effects last longer.
- Bindings of the Lesser Gods provide another 200% increased Mystic Ally damage (or 1000% for Fire Ally).
- Other than the set and two Mystic Ally items nothing is really core for the build. Echoing Fury and Flying Dragon are frequently used for extra Attack Speed. Lefebvre's Soliloquy is a popular defensive option. Either Bastions of Will or Endless Walk jewelry set is included for their damage buffs.
Global Stat Priorities
In push builds only 33% Cooldown Reduction is necessary to cast Mystic Ally on every Convention of Elements cycle. You get that with just the Beacon of Ytar passive and a Flawless Royal Diamond in the helmet. Speed builds prefer to have more CDR (especially Fire Ally builds). Aim to get All Resistance on your Belt, Pants and Boots. Our offensive priorities are: Elemental Damage > Mystic Ally Damage > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage ~ Damage Range > Attack Speed. We don't stack Area Damage because Mystic Ally procs it at a reduced rate.
- Put together the core items and stack a bunch of Attack Speed.
- Never stop attacking to proc your Flying Dragon.
- With Water Ally only use the active to get rid of blue men.
- With Fire Ally don't pull too many mobs!
Guide by Northwar with help from wudijo.