Welcome to the Grace of Inarius Grim Scythe Necromancer! This is a budget version of the LoD Poison Scythe build but still brings a gigantic amount of damage and survivability in both solo and group play. Come see how we can utilize a classic set to be one of top performing builds in the game!
In the early days, shortly after Necromancer's release in Season 11, the set was used with a broken interaction between the (6) Bonus Bone Storm and Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver that caused the gem to proc at ridiculous rates and destroy everything on its own without the need to do much. This was quickly nerfed and left Inarius unused for a long time, as typically Legacy of Dreams-based setups tended to perform better on the Necromancer. It was later buffed with bigger numbers to its current form.
Even though Grace of Inarius is not part of any META setup right now and is slightly dragging behind another build using the same set - Inarius Corpse Explosion - it sees use especially for solo pushing on the Inarius solo leaderboards. Grim Scythe is an iconic Necromancer skill and makes you feel like a true Reaper of Souls as you swing your weapon against the demons of Hell!
Simple rotation ✔
Great AoE damage ✔
No cooldown required ✔
We have a bone hurricane! ✔
❌ Lacks speed
❌ Positioning is critical
❌ Low single target damage
❌ Simulacrums do all damage
- Grace of Inarius grants our Bone Armor 1000% damage as well as granting our character 6% damage reduction (instead of 3%) per enemy hit. The (6) Bonus makes enemies take 10,000% increased damage from the Necromancer while under the effect and for 3 seconds afterwards.
- Wisdom of Kalan improves this damage reduction effect by quadrupling our toughness (10 x 6% = 60% reduction --> 15 x 6% = 90% reduction).
- Haunted Visions allows Simulacrum to cast Grim Scythe and last forever.
- Nayr's Black Death for up to 500% increased damage to our Poison Grim Scythe.
- Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang for a 200% separate damage multiplier and to apply Curses.
- Dayntee's Binding provides us with 50% damage reduction when an enemy is affected by a Curse.
- Krysbin's Sentence for the 300% damage to stunned enemies, coming from Bone Armor Dislocation.
- Convention of Elements for 200% damage during our Poison cycle.
- Depth Diggers for 100% damage to Grim Scythe.
- Leger's Disdain for 80% damage increase per point of Essence restored.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Area Damage > Poison Damage > Critical Hit Chance/Critical Hit Damage, along with as much Grim Scythe damage as possible. Attack Speed is helpful, especially for stacking Bane of the Stricken in solo, but you don't need to aim for any specific breakpoint. No cooldown is needed for this build as you will only cast Simulacrum at the beginning of a rift and if they die along the way.
- Learn to position your Simulacrum Blood and Bone in density, activate your Poison skills in order, and stun with Bone Armor Dislocation on your Poison Convention of Elements cycle to activate Krysbin's Sentence.
- Gather large groups of enemies with Bone Spear Blighted Marrow to slash them down with Area Damage.
- Keep your Bone Armor stacks high and stay within the enemies to get the most of your damage reduction from Grace of Inarius.
Town Is Lava!
Original Guide by Raxxanterax. Revisions and updates by wudijo.