Aegis of Valor (AoV) is the latest Crusader set to be introduced into the game with Season 19. Featuring some impressive numbers—20,000% increased damage, as well as the only stacking buff in the game that stacks multiplicatively with itself—this set brought about a new era in the world of Diablo III power creep. The highest Greater Rift tier—150—was cleared solo for the first time using AoV Heaven's Fury (HF) Crusader build.
Since then the build was nerfed five separate times (each time roughly halving the power of the build), but it still stands as one of the strongest Rift Guardian Killers, the strongest solo Crusader build, and one of the strongest solo builds across all classes. The raw power of the set itself also makes it very easy to get into higher difficulties straight away, even before the full build is completed.
Apart from Heaven's Fury, the set also increases damage of Fist of the Heavens (FotH). This skill doesn't have as many supporting legendaries as HF and cannot compare to it in terms of raw damage output, but AoV FotH builds really shine in speedfarming lower difficulty content such as Nephalem Rifts, Bounties and Speed Greater Rifts, where Heaven's Fury is not so good due to it's small AoE and overall clunkiness.
Easy to Play ✔
Good Season Starter ✔
Excellent Single Target Damage ✔
❌ Limited Skill Choices
❌ Clunky Supporting Items
❌ Sensitive to CC Resistance
- Aegis of Valor set provides 50% damage reduction, nearly infinite Wrath and whopping x1,600 Heaven's Fury damage increase.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings set provides roughly 60% DPS increase and more than 100% toughness boost.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur is necessary to get the full benefit from both sets.
- Fate of the Fell increases Heaven's Fury by 500% and adds 2 extra beams, in case of Fires of Heaven all three beams can hit the same target, dealing triple damage.
- Shield of Fury increases Heaven's Fury damage by up to 300%
- Bracer of Fury increases Heaven's Fury damage by 400% but only against enemies affected by some of hard Crowd Control (CC) effects.
- Convention of Elements - due to the restriction imposed by Bracer of Fury this ring becomes much more valuable, increasing the overall damage output by more than 150% if CC is overlapped with Holy part of the cycle.
Global Stat Priorities
Get at least 55% Cooldown Reduction to have high uptime on Akarat's Champion. Make sure your defensive slots—Boots, Pants and Belt—have Vitality and All Resistance on them. Stack DPS stats wherever possible: Holy Damage Increase, Heaven's Fury Damage, Critical Hit Damage and Critical Hit Chance. Area Damage should be mostly ignored, because it doesn't get buffed by Shield of Fury.
- Stack Cooldown Reduction to keep up the defensive buffs
- Don't recast the buffs until they almost run out
- Only use CC skills directly before your Holy rotation
- Don't die 4Head
Guide by Northwar.