The Aegis of Valor (AoV) Set, while mainly focused on Heaven's Fury, also applies its massive (6) Bonus to Fist of the Heavens thus giving rise to an entirely different set of builds.
Fist of the Heavens cannot compete with insane damage output of Heaven's Fury, but there's two areas where it is reigns supreme: AoE coverage and convenience. All the Fist of the Heavens multipliers are unconditional, you just have to cast the skill, there's no rotation, preparation or anything like that. This makes Fist of the Heavens builds ideal for speedfarming, especially when game difficulty is limited: in Nephalem Rifts and Bounties.
Fist of the Heavens' large area of effect and unlimited range, combined with mobility granted by Steed Charge and Norvald's Fervor set, produce the best crusader build when it comes to farming keys and bounties.
Very Easy ✔
Strong Season Starter ✔
Excellent AoE Damage ✔
❌ Bad Bossfights
❌ Inconsistent Toughness
❌ Can't reach High Greater Rifts
❌ Clunky due to Low Attack Speed
- Aegis of Valor set provides 50% damage reduction, nearly infinite Wrath and 20,000% Fist of the Heavens damage increase.
- Norvald's Fervor set gives 400% DPS increase and also lets you stay mounted 24/7, if you so desire.
- Darklight increases Fist of the Heavens damage by 1,000% and adds an extra explosion to each cast, effectively providing a x22 damage multiplier.
- Khassett's Cord of Righteousness increases Fist of the Heavens damage by 170%.
- Squirt's Necklace provides up to 100% damage buff, which is fairly easy to keep up on a ranged build that is killing everything on the screen in seconds.
Season 24 Ethereals
Unfortunately while many other builds are having fun with Ethereals, this build cannot effectively use them. Norvald's Fervor Set provides 400% increased damage and boosts your Steed Charge which is everything this build needs and none of other weapons and shields give anything useful.
There's one exception to that: Nephalem Rift variant of the build can use Khalim's Will because it provides the same Steed Charge reset as Norvald's Fervor and has much higher Attack Speed especially with Echoing Fury in the cube. The damage loss is not a real concern in Torment 16 because you can still oneshot most enemies. To make the build work you need Khalim's Will with Darklight Legendary power. Your stat priorities for it should be: good roll on Darklight power > high DPS > Lord Commander or Holy Cause passive.
Read our Ethereal Mechanics Guide for full details on how they work and our Ethereal Farming Guide to learn how to acquire them (in case you play a different build that can use them)!
Global Stat Priorities
Stack as much Cooldown Reduction (CDR) as possible; there aren't any Breakpoints to hit but having a lot of Cooldown Reduction makes the build more fluid and pleasant to play. After that focus on increasing your DPS via Elemental Damage, Critical Hit Chance & Damage, Fist of the Heavens Damage and Attack Speed. Defensive stats are not that important, given that this is a ranged build that typically 1-2 shots all the enemies.
- Stack CDR to make your life easier
- Spam Fist of the Heavens to your heart's content
- In fact, spam ALL the buttons
Guide by Northwar.
Charge onward to victory!