I know why you're here and it's OK. You're angry and you need a release. What if I told you that the way to release your anger was by being a Chicken? By the end of this guide you will WANT to be the Angry Chicken, you will NEED to be the Angry Chicken and even though you know that you probably shouldn't, you ARE going to be the Angry Chicken!
Back in Season 22 Manajuma's Way was buffed to launch mini-Chickens that blow up for 25% damage as well as the set receiving a 1600% damage buff! Spirit of Arachyr was also buffed from 9000% to 17,500%, your little Chicken of Terror is going to be better than ever before!
This build heavily emphasizes Movement Speed utilizing Horrify Stalker, Spirit Walk Severance and Fierce Loyalty so that you can get through the easy conten as fast as possible. High Cooldown Reduction combined with Captain Crimson's Trimmings, In-geom, Tribal Rites and Grave Injustice will allow you to fly from Elite to Elite in an instant while coming in and out of Angry Chicken whenever you need to. Once stacked up it's so fast that it can be almost hard to control and who doesn't see the fun in that!
Now before you get too excited keep in mind that this build will be used to speed farm T16 content and very low Greater Rifts at best. If you want to climb the Ranks or push high Greater rifts in a group check out the Mundunugu's Spirit Barrage Guide. But just because this isn't the strongest build in the game doesn't mean it can't offer a fun and unique playstyle! Let's find out below how you can leave everyone in the dust!
One-of-a-Kind Playstyle ✔
You're Literally a Chicken ✔
Massive Toad = Massive Fun ✔
Gigantic Spider is Very Spooky ✔
❌ Feast or Famine
❌ Doesn't Lay Eggs
❌ Zero Ability to Push
❌ We All Love it Anyway
- Spirit of Arachyr (4) Bonus and (6) Bonus are what you're interested in as they give 50% Damage Reduction and heal you for 10% of your maximum Life per second for 15 seconds after using Hex and a 17,500% Damage buff for your Hex Angry Chicken.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings gives a massive Damage boost since you are focused on Cooldown Reduction with this build. The Resource Cost Reduction benefits aren't utilized as much but you still get a slight Toughness buff here.
- Manajuma's Way is the heart of the build and it gives Hex Angry Chicken: 2000% increased Damage, a 15 second duration, 100% increased Movement Speed, chain reaction explosions from your detonation AND spawns mini-Chickens that do 25% damage.
- In-geom reduces all of your Cooldowns by 10 seconds after killing an Elite.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur is required to utilize both Spirit of Arachyr and Captain Crimson's Trimmings.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Critical Hit Chance & Damage > Poison Damage > Cooldown Reduction > Area Damage. Cooldown is very important as we want to go in and out of Angry Chicken form as often as possible for maximum explosions, fortunately there are several things at play already helping like Captain Crimson's Trimmings, Grave Injustice, Tribal Rites and In-geom. So for item stats we can focus on the Critical Hit Chance and Damage a bit more at first then top it off with more Cooldown or Area Damage when we find better items.
Attack Speed and Resource Cost Reduction aren't important on this build so you can focus on Intelligence and Vitality more. You unfortunately don't have any Crowd Control immunity on a Witch Doctor so try to roll at least 1-2 Crowd Control Reduction Secondary Stats on your Helm or Jewelry.
- Summon Zombie Dogs LIfe LInk at the start of every Rift or Bounty for the Damage Reduction bonus.
- Use Horrify and Spirit Walk to get insane Movement Speed buffs between your Angry Chicken Explosions and make sure that you are maintaining your Soul Harvest stacks as these provide Damage and Movement Speed.
- Sprint from Elite to Elite as an Angry Chicken and cast Piranhado to gather everything up around any Elites that you don't kill in one blast.
- Rinse and repeat!
Guide by Facefoot with help from wudijo and Northwar. Updated by wudijo.