Akkhan Condemn Crusader is the build that has been around for the longest time, created with the introduction of Frydehr's Wrath in Season 1. Once the strongest in the game build for solo XP farming, now it's barely useful in T16, and even then, only if you have optimized gear and high Paragon.
These days Armor of Akkhan holds a different kind of record: it has by far the weakest damage bonus across all sets. With Armor of Akkhan (6) Bonus providing just a measly 2,000% increased damage, this set struggles to compete even with Legacy of Dreams and its 9,750% damage bonus.
On current patch Armor of Akkhan Condemn Crusader is completely outclassed by either Heavens's Fury Crusader or Akkhan Bombardment Crusader in almost every scenario. The only area where it makes sense to use this build is in Greater Rift Keystone farming, due to its ability to include Cain's Destiny set while playing in groups.
Can run really fast ✔
Very easy to make pulls ✔
Can do everything on the move ✔
❌ Long bossfight
❌ Weak season starter
❌ Requires a lot of spamming
❌ Recovery depends on number of targets
- Armor of Akkhan set provides 50% damage reduction, 50% Resource Cost Reduction, 2,000% damage increase, and it lets us easily achieve 100% uptime on Akarat's Champion.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings set gives around 55% DPS, 20% Cooldown Reduction and a whopping 82% damage reduction.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur allows us to get full bonuses from both sets.
- Blade of Prophecy increases Condemn damage by 800% and also triples the amount of explosions.
- Frydehr's Wrath increases Condemn damage by another 800% and also turns it into a spammable skill with a Wrath cost.
Season 24 Ethereals
Ethereals are powerful rare weapons that can only be found during Season 24. They have incredible stats, a random Legendary power, and a free passive for your class. Read our Ethereal Mechanics Guide for full details on how they work and our Ethereal Farming Guide to learn how to acquire them. What you should prioritize on them is the following:
- The Legendary Power
This build requires Blade of Prophecy to be functional. On top of that The Furnace is a good pushing Legendary power. We need our Ethereal to roll one of these powers so we can cube the other. We also want a good roll on our Legendary power if it has a range. For speed content it is always helpful to have Ethereals with In-geom or Messerschmidt's Reaver powers, so keep those if you find them.
- The Ethereal Itself
There are 3 different weapons available to us, each with its own benefits:
- The Redeemer - This is the best Ethereal for this build providing Holy Damage, Attack Speed and massive +50% Damage to Demons and Undead (about 60% of enemies you find in Greater Rift are one of these two types).
- Astreon's Iron Ward - This Ethereal comes in close second with its Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage rolls. It's about 16% weaker than The Redeemer when fighting Undead or Demons but 26% stronger against other enemies.
- Khalim's Will - This is the by far worst Ethereal because it has very low damage (38% less than Astreon's Iron Ward) and high Attack Speed, which does nothing for this build.
- The Ethereal Stat Rolls
Each Ethereal comes with its own fixed set of powerful affixes. While some have a static value, many have a wide stat range. This means the difference between good and bad rolls is significant and something you should look for.
- A Useful Passive
This is just icing on the cake because a fifth passive is not going to make or break your build. You're better off hunting for the things above. Check out the Passives section down below to see which ones you're looking for.
Global Stat Priorities
In order to keep Akarat's Champion always active, you need to get 55.8% Cooldown Reduction. The cleanest way to do it is 10% roll on the Weapon and 3x 8% rolls elsewhere. Make sure your defensive slots—Boots, Pants and Belt—have Vitality and Resistance to All Elements on them. Stack DPS stats wherever possible: Elemental Damage, Condemn Damage, Area Damage, Critical Hit Damage and Critical Hit Chance. Ignore Attack Speed as it doesn't let you cast Condemn any faster.
- Reach 55.8% CDR before anything else.
- Spam all the buttons as much as possible.
- Spam Condemn intelligently, only when it comes off cooldown.
- God, why is this set only 2000%?
Guide by Northwar.
Akkhan Condemn... What year is this!?