Welcome to LoD Tempest Rush Monk guide! Turns out having one skill with significantly stronger supporting legendaries than all the others pushes that one build to the top of all the leaderboards.
Compared to Set versions of this build, Legacy of Dreams is dead last in terms of damage, beaten even by the Inna's Mantra set. It does have a significantly stronger version that utilizes Shi Mizu's Haori, but it's quite difficult to execute. That one can compete with Patterns of Justice for the title of the second strongest Tempest Rush build, but stays couple of tiers behind Monkey King's Garb.
In terms of speed GRs nothing comes close to Patterns of Justice, and LoD is no exception. It is however, an excellent Nephalem Rift build: just throw in In-Geom and Dashing Strike and you're good to go. Follower changes in Season 23 allow every build to include Cain's Destiny and Sage's Journey which is especially useful for LoD builds.
A combination of smooth gameplay and devastating damage make this build a very fun and competitive. Let's dive in and learn what makes it so great!
Spin To Win ✔
Kills Trash And Bosses ✔
Incredible All-Around Build ✔
Gigantic Icy Bombs Of Damage ✔
❌ Difficult to Gear
❌ Struggles In Low Density
❌ Requires Resource Management
❌ Wormholes and Trees Make You Cry
- Won Khim Lau gives 600% damage and causes Tempest Rush to cast Cyclone Strike.
- Cesar's Memento increases damage to enemies that are blinded, stunned or frozen by 800%.
- Balance gives 600% damage to Tempest Rush and 100% Critical Hit Chance if it hits 3 or less enemies (awesome for killing the Rift Guardian).
- Mantle of Channeling gives 25% multiplicative damage and 25% damage reduction.
- Lefebvre's Soliloquy gives 50% damage reduction and is activated by Won Khim Lau for free.
- Stone Gauntlets give 250% increased Armor with no downside thanks to Epiphany.
- The Laws of Seph provides the Spirit necessary to keep channeling Tempest Rush.
- Convention of Elements triples our damage thanks to its synergy with the Flurry rune.
- Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac lets us reset all our cooldowns.
- Squirt's Necklace provides between 20% and 100% increased damage thanks to Serenity.
- Stone of Jordan lets us use Lightning Damage roll on Won Khim Lau and also gives some Elemental and Elite damage.
- Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan provide 25% additive damage and Spirit generation.
Season 29 Paragon Cap
Season 29 brings several features, first the brand new Visions of Enmity mechanic. They are an optional and rewarding mini dungeon system where players slay monsters in quick succession of portals. These portals have a chance to spawn upon killing any monster in the open world and they hide many rewards for you to reap! Read the full guide on the Visions of Enmity Mechanics by Chewingnom to learn everything about this fantastic feature!
As if it wasn't enough, Season 29 also shakes things up with a Paragon Cap and a Paragon Distribution Twist! You can only assign a total of 800 Paragon Points to your character. Previously, you were only able to assign a total of 50 Paragon Points to each attribute within the Core, Defense, Offense and Utility categories, but now you can assign up to 200 in each attribute. Each category can only have 200 Paragon Points placed into them.
This forces you to make choices while also enabling crazy possibilities such as 200% Area Damage or 40% Cooldown Reduction! Note that Movement Speed now only grants 0.125% per point but can also go above the 25% Movement Speed cap from items. With that in mind, here is the Paragon Distribution you should follow for the build described in the main sections of the guide. Variants may differ, see below.
Global Stat Priorities
Stack about 55% Cooldown Reduction to reset your Epiphany in time. One or two Resource Cost Reduction rolls help with Spirit management but they are not required. Get at least one Life per Hit roll (Weapons and Bracers) for recovery. Aim to get All Resistance on your Pants and Boots and Secondary Resistances for Harmony passive on all other pieces. Our offensive priorities are: Lightning Damage > Tempest Rush damage > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage ~ Damage Range > Area Damage.
Assembling the Build
Item Stat Priorities
This is a Tempest Rush monk build and simply throwing in In-Geom and Dashing Strike is enough to turn it into a top tier Nephalem Rift build. We use Epiphany Insight and Leoric's Crown with Flawless Royal Topaz to resolve all our resource issues. Cyclone Strike Wall of Wind on the bar automatically procs Cesar's Memento for us. We change the Tempest Rush rune to Electric Field for extra AoE. Finally we finish off the build with a bunch of movement speed and the standard T16 Gold package: Goldwrap, Boon of the Hoarder, Avarice Band.
The idea here is to fly as fast as possible from elite to elite, channeling Tempest Rush all the time. If we consistently kill elites and keep our In-geom up, we'll be able to spam our abilities permanently. You can use Dashing Strike to quickly move forward to find elites and move through bad maps.
- Spam Epiphany and Breath of Heaven.
- Cast Mantra of Healing every 2.5 seconds to protect your Squirt's Necklace buff.
- Hold down Tempest Rush to annihilate everything in sight!
When playing in groups, you need to cube Nemesis Bracers and replace Convention of Elements with Avarice Band. If you have enough damage, you can drop Bane of the Trapped for Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard. This lets your mantra finger relax a bit and you also gain 30% Movement Speed from Mantra of Conviction Annihilation.
Tempest Rush Flurry
- Put together the core items and level up the Legacy of Dreams gem.
- Stack a bunch of Cooldown Reduction.
- Practice building and detonating your Flurry stacks on your Cold cycle of Convention of Elements.
- Climb the No Six Piece Set Leaderboards by gathering monsters together and burning them down with Area Damage.
Red screen means we're winning (:
Written by Northwar.
Reviewed by wudijo.